Interview with Kevin Williams. The story of Peña Fulham Getafe.

In this post we are going to interview the most famous Getafe supporter from England, Kevin Williams, who fell in love with Getafe and its people in 2006. He is also a Fulham supporter and he founded Peña Fulham Getafe which headquarter is located in London. Everyone can feel the passion about footbal in his words when he speaks about Fulham or Getafe.


First of all, thank you very much for your patience and for let us do this interview.
For us and for lots of Getafe supporters is a misterious how a Fulham Fan could know about our team and how he decided to support us setting up a group in London, so in order to satisfied our curiosity and to know better the story about Fulham and Fulham Peña we are going to ask him a couple of questions: - How and when did you met Getafe for first time?
   "The story of Why I Love and support Getafe by Kevin Aged 59. On Saturday 4th March 2006 I visited Madrid with two English friends one who lived in La Manga and spoke Spanish,  to watch the Madrid Derby. Real Madrid at the time were the Galácticos."

   "The following day I wanted to see another Spanish match, someone suggested Getafe v Real Betis. We arrived at the stadium and had decided to support Betis and sit with their fans. In England away trips are normally more fun. I was just about to buy a Betis scarf when a Getafe fan asked my friend if we were looking for match tickets? He had 3 season tickets which we bought from him. So I did not buy a Betis scarf (Thank god). We sat in the open stand opposite the main stand on the halfway line 2 or 3 rows back."
"We cheered Getafe on throughout the game and had a fantastic time with all the other fans around us. They shared their food and drink with us and one gave me his Getafe scarf."
"I was hooked and from that day forward in love with Getafe and its people. Getafe won 1-0 and Rivas was my Man of the Match."
Kevin Williams meeting Jorge Molina at Coliseum.
   "My friend from Spain kept in touch with some Getafe fans Including Jose Mateos. The following season Getafe got to the final of Copa del Rey against Sevilla. We returned this time there were 5 of us. We arrived on the Friday we were interviewed by ‘Marca’ and also by Madrid Television and some radio stations. We became celebrities (laughs) we were even recognised by Sevilla fans. Our friends were from Peña Marea Azul. They were fantastic host and people."

- What thing did make you to decide to support Getafe as your second team?
   "I believe that you don’t choose your team, your team chooses you. You certainly do not follow Fulham or Getafe to win trophies or even games You choose them because they are your life. I can honestly say I am in love with Fulham and Getafe."
   "Fulham and Getafe are similar in a number of ways. We are a smaller London team with similar fans to Getafe. We are very passionate about our teams. We have not won many trophies in our history."
- When and why did you established "Fulham Peña"?
    "That weekend we decided to form The Fulham Peña and we have returned every year since, except in 2010 as we followed Fulham throughout Europe to the Europa League final where we lost to Atlético of All teams. One year 15 of our Peña attended Getafe. The smallest weekend  attendance has been 6: Me , Ian , Rob , Derek , Bill and Richard."
Fulham Peña on tour: Kevin W. , Ian, Rob, Derek, Bill and Richard.
   "I have visited a number of times on my own and also twice with my Brother. Everyone that has come to Getafe with me has like me fallen in love with Getafe and its beautiful people."
Fulham Peña during a visit in Getafe.
- We know you have been supporting Getafe for many years, but what was your greatest moment or memory as Getafe supporter?
   "My greatest moment without doubt was the play off final against Tenerife. I came on my own. I was so nervous and spent most of the 2nd half behind the stand. When the final whistle went, I ran onto the pitch and celebrated with My fantastic Getafe family. I was so happy for Getafe, for myself, but most of all The Beautiful people of Getafe. My second favourite game was the Copa del Rey final."
- How do you feel when you come to Getafe to watch a match? Any good memory o funny moment with the Spanish supporters that you would like to share?
   "I cannot think of any single great memories, every visit is unique and full of memories. We have met so many special people. I can honestly say that the people of Getafe are very very special people. It is easy in Spain to follow Real Madrid or Barcelona, just like in England supporting the big teams. We don’t just support Getafe and Fulham we love them. Our heart belongs to them both."
"I Love Getafe CF, I Love Getafe but Most of All I Love the beautiful people of Getafe."
Fulham Peña meeting Vicente del Bosque.
- From my point of view, Craven Cottage is the most corgeous stadium in England, for the people who never have heard about it, could you describe the atmosphere there during a match day?
  "The Fulham stadium is called ‘Craven Cottage’ is situated next to the River Thames it’s capacity is 25,000 this season most of our games are sold out. It is an old traditional English ground. It has been voted as most fans favourite 2nd ground. Fans travel to the ground from a 20 mile radius. The fans sing for most of the game and when the team are doing well they are very vocal."
"For the record Fulham are the Oldest team in London. We were founded in 1879. One of our stands was built in 1905 It is a beautiful looking ground."
- What if Fulham wins the Premier League? What would be your celebration?
   "If Fulham win the Premier league I would probably have to wake up because it would have to be a dream (laughs)."
- If you have to describe the Fulham team with two words, which ones would you choose?
"Two words to describe Fulham are ‘My Religion’."

   To finish the post I would like to say thank you to Kevin Williams, because this interview has been possible just because of him, so full credit to him and also, to all the Fulham Peña members, thank you for all. Long life to Fulham and Getafe.

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Análisis del antifútbol en Getafe

El vídeo erótico del Getafe. Zombies Calientes.

¿Por qué el Getafe CF viste de azulón?